Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad








Each year it is especially satisfying to celebrate my dad's birthday. He has been through so many health issues yet God has blessed our family in so many ways since Dad is still with us. To this day we don't understand all the complexities of what is going on with his health but once again the important thing is that we had a fun time of celebration at their house last night. We all gathered together for an ice cream cake. It was a chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream and very good. I also spent the day with them running errands and really enjoyed it.

My dad is so full of life teasing everyone and totally enjoying his family. I noticed last night the big smile he had on his face as he watched his great grandchildren. I think he could sit all day and just watch them. He loves them to pieces. Nothing makes him smile bigger than them. The first thing he wants to know is how they are. Colby lights up dad's life with his exuberance for life. Dad loves how Melissa holds her own and how determined she is. William is the one he knows for sure will sit with him and watch TV.

Mom and Dad have had a good life but there have been good times and harder times. I so admire both of them because they never sit around and moan about how things are or have been. They appreciate that we are all close for each other and put their total trust in God. What an awesome example they are!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Vicki-you do have lovely parents and I always feel so loved when ever I am in their presence! What a gift to have such a positive outlook in live. They have been such a blessing to so many! Happy Birthday to your Papa! Dianne