It is an interesting process to decide to stop working at a place you have been for 20+ years. Everyone there has become like family. I will miss everyone-some more than others. I sincerely prayed about the decision to leave and feel it is the right thing to do. I want to have more time to devote to studying God’s word, serving my family and of course cleaning my home.
I haven’t had my official last day yet as I am still training my replacement-now that is another story. But on the last day of school at a gathering with the teachers and staff I was presented a large silver apple for 20+ years of service. That was very touching and sweet. Although the highlight was yesterday when the leadership team for the school had a “farewell luncheon”. What touched me to my core was the awesome sculpture that was given to me. I’ve attached a picture. The following information was with the sculpture:
Jesus Christ washing the feet of Simon Peter.
So He got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around His waist. After that, He poured water into the basin and began to wash His disciples' feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around Him.
John 13:4-5
"Divine Servant" ® depicts Jesus Christ in the "upper room" on the night before His crucifixion, when He tried to distill the essence of His entire ministry on earth. First, He explained His life, death and resurrection through the "Lord's Supper." Then, Christ began to wash the disciples' feet, starting with Simon Peter, to teach them about living lives of humility and service to others. Max's art captures the exact moment when Peter finally submits and allows Jesus to wash his feet (John 13: 1-17).
"Divine Servant"® is the first Christian art composition given to Max by the Lord, in the spring of 1986. It is historically unique in the world of art, and considered a masterpiece by many. The poignant composition is now recognized around the world, and has become an international symbol of Christ's humility and servanthood. The art is scriptually based on John 13:1-17, which precisely describes how Jesus washed the disciples' feet at the "Last Supper." This message of sacrificial love, humility, and servanthood is difficult to receive today, just as it was by the disciples. Our pride resists this teaching. Jesus, however, must have considered it of utmost importance, since it was one of the last truths He communicated just prior to His crucifixion. Max Greiner, Jr. had to be humbled before he could understand.
Now that I your Lord and teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:1-7
The sculpture is by Max Greiner in Kerrville Texas website: www.maxgreinerart.com
Also I was given a book by our head administrator who is such a man of God. He has been using it in some of our devotions so I cannot wait to absorb it. It is Letters by a Modern Mystic by Frank Laubach. The back cover explains it as such: Have you ever considered what it might be like to live in a conscious moment-by-moment communion with God: Letters by a Modern Mystic recounts Frank Laubach’s spiritual journey as he began such an experiment. Another lady noted: The challenge put forward in this gem of a little book is to live in moment-by-moment relationship with God. Frank Laubach, in his letters to his father, describes how his life has been changed as he has taken up the challenge to live in constant communion with God while serving as a missionary in the Philipines. Although I am not presently serving in the mission field, I was personally compelled to action by Laubach's frank and open discussion of his journey to be one with God at all times. "Pray without ceasing" has taken on a new dimension in my life through the influence of this small, but powerful, book.
Dr. Holzman signed the book with: Vicki, Thank you for your God honoring, humble service. You will be missed. By Grace, GH 2 Cor 9:12-13 05/08
What a privilege it has been to work with men and women that love the Lord so!
No comments:
Post a Comment