

A month ago Terry's Kawasaki looked like what Colby is standing by and now after a couple of Track Days what a change. But............Terry loves it. I met him at a motorcycle race a hundred years ago (oh maybe....36)and he loves motorcycles as much now as he did then. He may love it more now as he realizes he needs to enjoy it while he can. ha! I'm glad he is happy even tho life is easier (for me) without it.
Michelle and I have read the book and taken a class on The God Empowered Wife. It has been awesome to have the opportunity to do the class together. A long time ago I bought the book and even bought Michelle and Teresa one after I read it. Inside Michelle's I told her to do what the book says and not what was exampled to her over the years. How neat to find the class available by the lady that wrote the book.
To make a loooong story short the book points out how God designed our husbands to be the leader of the family. Women are born mothers and sometimes we tend to take over in areas around our house, not even wanting to-but feeling like we have to if we want to get the job done. We go from girlfriends that adore what will soon be the hubby, who hangs on to every word they say and will go ANYWHERE with them to wives that feel overloaded with all life throws at us with taking care of the kids and every detail of the house. Before we know it in uncouncious ways we question our hubands decisions and jump in there to take care of things. The problem with that is how does God work with husbands that their wives are mothering? And how respected do husbands feel? So..........I now question what I say to Terry and what I do as I want to not fall in the trap of "mothering him" which he really doesn't want. I think we have found that in the end when, with a pure heart, we treat them as someone we respect (as God's word teaches) it always works out right. When we don't do that we often end up in arguments which is certainly not God honoring.
Hense I've backed off on my opinions on the motorcycle with Terry and I think he likes it alot. ha That is why he researched such a good deal on a cruise and why we are going I think.
Isn't life interesting? :)
PS I find it a riot that since Terry is one of the oldest guys at the track someone mentioned him being a dinosaur so on his windshied is his name and the dinosaur. Now that is funny.............and he seems to just get a kick out of it!
4 comments:
thanks for the insight. I know I find myself mothering my hubby all the time. I am so grateful he is so helpful and understanding with me and with the kids. :)
I like the dinosaur sticker a lot!
Is that why it is called a "T"-Rex-it stands for Terry? D
I usually believe what those books tell me, for instance, the one called
"The Proper Care and Nourishment of a Husband" something like that by Dr. Laura. I loved it, but there are just some days, no matter what, they are going to bug the heck out of you and I can't help but tell them why!!! What does it say in your book about that????? (Probably go eat some chocolate!)Ha! Dianne
Post a Comment