Sunday, April 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad!

So....I have to wonder if this is my dad's 3rd earthly birthday in heaven would his birthday in heaven be December 30, 2009 when he headed that way? I still find it hard to comprehend how we got to this place that I do not get to see him. I told myself so often that I could not handle that ever happening but  here it is. I've found what I've always said that I can handle anything with the Lord. HE is the one that leads me through and provides.

After church and lunch we visited the "safari" (what my grandkids call the cemetary). We took balloons and Melissa let several off to go to heaven she says and left several at the headstone. It is such a beautiful day outside. I know it is totally unnecessary to visit the safari but I do enjoy doing so. I love to show him the respect. I love to hear my grandchildren running and playing. They love to find daddy long legs in the flowers. They love to talk about their precious Papa. Melissa was so young when he went on that I'm sure logically she cannot remember him but she hears about him so much and sees the hundreds of pics I have that she does know him. He is such an awesome man he deserves such and she deserves to know how loved she is by him.

How nice my moms sisters were visiting today to
visit the safari with us!

How like my dad to be the first to go on. How many times did we wait until school was over to move to the next town so he went on without us at first. So now here we are....he is waiting for us in heaven. I often imagine how spectacular it will be when I get to heaven to spend eternity with Jesus.........and my family!!! God is SO GOOD!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

We miss Papa so much! I am thankful we have each other to continue on with. Thankful we all go to the cemetary to remember and be grateful for his life! I love how much Melissa loves Papa. She actually talks about him more than Colby does lately. I love you!