Yes, I have so many versions of the Bible
on my IPad and LOVE it so had to have
the IPad in my pic too. :)
Today Mom and I begin a new Bible study. We chose this one as Andy Stanley is Charles Stanley son. Charles Stanley is a solid Bible teacher and we are intrigued to hear from his son. I just did the first week of study (have not seen the video yet) but wow I love where he is going with this!
He noted that over the years as they heard from individuals that had an unshakable faith in Jesus talk about their faith journey there were five things they had in common.
*Practical teaching in which truth from the Bible comes alive with startling relevance to our everyday lives
*Providential relationships-God puts people in our paths that shape us and influence us in extraordinary ways
*Private disciplines like prayer, personal time in the Bible God uses them to deepen our relationship with Him
*Personal ministry.........where we step out of our comfort zone to serve others
*Pivotal circumstances....something big happens, usually something unplanned, unexpected, and unwanted and suddenly our lives and the way we think about God are changed forever
WOW what neat observations. I love how he brought it all together and it has already given me much to ponder on. I love to see and be with people of great faith!! It inspires me, challenges me and I feel that Jesus bond that is so neat. I'm not talking about great preachers or "important people" I'm talking about people that the love for Christ just stands out and they love to talk about HIM and HIS WORD. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment