Well here we are a year later. We had Christmas Eve at our house which is our time to share good food together and open presents. I totally enjoy ANY time we have to ALL be together. There is nothing in the world that wams a moms heart more than to see her children just enjoying each other and now I can add to that the enjoyment of a grandmother to observe her grandchildren playing together and enjoying each other. Carlee's parents, Mitch and Jamye, also joined us and they are always so welcome. We sincerely enjoy visiting with them. Mom, of course, was with us and even spent the night with us. She gave me a wonderful Bible with notes on prophesy in it that I can't wait to dig into!
Colby and Melissa enjoyed helping Uncle Jeromy hand out gifts......such a cute sight.
Michelle made mom and I beautiful aprons that have scripture on them which will be treasured through the years. We both enjoyed using them Christmas morning as we cooked.
Terry received an odd present. His brother got him a box of latex gloves....don't quite get the gist of it but it was funny to see him open them.
After all the gifts were open and food was eaten the grandkids actually had more fun hitting the bushes with sticks in the front yard. What fun simple childhood is!
We followed all that up with a wonderful Christmas Eve service at church. Carlee sang and did an absolutely awesome job as usual. Such a joy..........
Christmas was at Jeromy and Tristan's home and so much fun, again. Everyone that was at Christmas Eve was there plus Tristan's grandmother and father and my brother and his family so we had a full house. We exchanged gifts with the names that were drawn. Colby and Melissa were old hats at handing out gifts Uncle Jeromy gave them and really got into it!
It is very safe to say a good time was had by all.
After our gathering Mom and I traveled to the cemetary where we find peace and comfort. This was my dad's first Christmas in heaven. We can only imagine how that is but I've really studied on this subject this past year and I'm more convinced than ever that my dad is in a very good place and I can't wait to meet up with him one day. To know he is happy and not in pain brings me such comfort. We are doing what he would want until we join him-enjoy each other and grow closer to God each day in study and worship.













No comments:
Post a Comment