Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Do we ever stop to think...........

Do we ever stop to think how our decisions change the destiny of our life/family?

I'm in a study on Ruth by Kelly Minter and it points out the different phases of Naomi's life. As I looked at the chart my mind jumped to the different phases in my life. Each phase was due to some decisions I made.

My mom and dad made the decision to move our family to Singapore where I met a man I later made a decision to marry.

I wonder if my dad ever stopped to think that that decision to follow work would shape the future of my life. Actually each decision we make beginning in our young adult years shape our future.

My brother recently bought a home an hour away. The very decision he made shapes the future for his children and granchildren; possibly for generations to come.

If we only realized in a tiny way the impact our decisions make would we handle them different?

May all my decisions be based on the way God would lead me!!! Do I pray about my decisions enough? Do I seek Godly counsel? Do I search out God's word for direction?

No comments: