Sunday, August 29, 2010

MELISSA IS THREE YEARS OLD!!!






Three years ago today Melissa Marie entered our world. What a joyful time....and the joy has continued. She is the only baby, outside of my own three, that I saw from the second of birth. As I look back at pictures it is fun to see the total joy on everyones face when she is born.

She is such a mommy's girl. She absolutely continues to love her mommy to pieces. She would be so happy if her mommy carried her everywhere and rocked her each day. She adores her brother and is so good about getting things for him; I think she is a little mommy at heart. She loves, loves, loves her stuffed puppies, kitties and pink blanket she insists on chewing on. We have been getting tickeled with her the last few months tho as she certainly stands up to her brother if she feels things aren't fair and will tear into him. She adores her baby cousin, William, and wants to see him all the time. Melissa is loving homeschooling with her brother. I know she thinks she is in kindergarten too. ha! She is very sharp for a three year old so will certainly learn a lot with him.

As a family we had such a great time camping this weekend and just enjoying each other...so blessed to live so close we get to gather often! The Jellystone campground is one of their favorite things to do. (For some reason I can't get those pics to post...I'll have to try them later.)

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday to that sweet girl! Glad you were able to celebrate together.

Dianne said...

I can't believe that she is three. I am still remembering that I missed Colby's birthday by only one day and that doesn't seem so long ago. It is a blur isn't it! She is a cutie-patootie and wish we lived closer!
love to you all...