Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Melissa















Melissa's second birthday was on Saturday so we had all the kids and my mom and dad over for grilled burgers and birthday cupcakes. It is so hard to believe this sweet little doll is 2. Michelle always has her dressed so cute and smelling so good but she really outdid herself with the precious outfit Melissa wore on this special day (one of 3 birthday outfits :) ) Melissa loved opening her gifts this year and was basically full of smiles. It is always such fun to gather as a family and especially for a celebration. Melissa is certainly a gift to this family as all God's children are. She is a dream come true for Michelle.

Since Michelle forgot the candles for Colby's birthday he quickly reminded her he didn't get to blow out the candle so we, of course, let him blow out his candle and sang to him also.

Later Byron Carlee and I took the kiddos to the Bounce House since Michelle and Zach slipped away for Zach's birthday. I've never bounced so much in the last 40 years. It was a lot of fun had by all.

Funny things Colby said:

As he, Melissa and I were driving past the school I worked at so long he said MeMa you work there.
My reply: no not any more.
Colby: why not?
My reply: I wanted more time to spend with you, Melissa and William so I quit working there.
Colby, after a long pause: MeMa thanks for doing that.
He is so sweet!!

After we left the Bounce place and just he, Melissa and I were in the car
Colby: MeMa I had so much fun with Uncle Byron and Aunt Carlee
Colby: Uncle Byron has long legs.
Colby: MeMa when I grow up I want long, strong legs like Uncle Byron and prickly thorns on my chest like him......MeMa will you pray for me I get prickly thorns on my chest and long legs like Uncle Byron?
Now that just cracks me up. :)

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Vicki-they are so cute and I just love how Michelle always has them dressed so cute. I keep telling her to buy two outfits, one for Melissa and one for me!!! They are beautiful babies and I am glad you enjoy them like I do! Dianne