Monday, August 17, 2009

Perfect Time



What a wonderful weekend we had at the lakehouse. It could not of been any better.

It was certainly a wonderland for Colby as he got to ride the big tractor to his heart's content. He rode with everyone in the family except Carlee and mom. He is the cutest thing with it as it brings the biggest smile to his face and he can flat drive it. He is so sharp with it. It brought such delight to my dad that Colby was having such a good time. I mistakedly thought we were all going there for R&R but didn't realize my dad was going for Colby to have fun. ha!

The cutest thing happended out under the shade tree. Dad was singing to Colby I love you a bushel and a peck, a bushel and a peck, and a hug around the neck and then he would just hug Colby so tight. I remember hearing that song when I was little but never heard dad sing it. I love that memory.

Melissa certainly gets her point across to everyone without saying many words. She is so cute and determined. She warmed up to everyone so much more since we were together for extended periods of time. They all loved that she would let them carry her and put those sweet arms up for them.

William is at that cute, chunky stage of either smilling really big or giving you the dead pan stare. He is perfectly content to sit in your lap and watch everyone. He is a great observer of everyone.

The pond was really low but such a lovely sight as you sat on the porch. I named it peace. I truly hate we live in the big city. Life should be as simple as that pond. I got up early each morning just to sit out there and hear the birds and cows.

We made smores out on a great fire Byron got going. The kids got a blanket to lay on and just look up at the stars. We made homemade ice cream and grilled burgers. The kids rode 4 wheelers, went fishing......I could go on and on (oh I am!). We covered a lot in a few days. Of course Michelle made several Sonic runs into town each day. I don't know if she could make a country girl unless a Sonic was closer.

The absolute highlight of these precious days was Friday night when I got a call from Jeromy saying he was an engaged man. Then he put his fiance on the phone and she was just giddy with happiness. I nearly cried. They followed by joining us at the lakehouse and it was just too cute. We are all beyond happy about this special time! It was too much fun that her parents joined us on Saturday for burgers and ice cream. They are so open and friendly which makes it all so nice. We have fun days ahead for our family as they make their special plans.

Again and again I say GOD IS SO, SO GOOD. We are such blessed people. Thank you Jesus!!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

What a fun weekend for Colby especially! I loved hearing Papa sing to Colby and watching them enjoy hours of riding the tractor together. Melissa feeling more comfortable with everyone was great to watch as well! Lots of good memories!