Thursday, January 1, 2009

2 0 0 9 Goals

JANUARY ONE, 2009

It is so, so hard to believe it is 2009! The first day of the year.......... What will I do with this year? I really want to take an active part in making sure this year counts. I don't want it to just slide by and look back wondering what happened to it.
I want to make sure I accomplish the good things in life God wants for me.
I want to minister to others.
I want to be available, and take the chance, to bring God glory.
I want to fill myself up with a deeper understanding of God's Word and ways. I'm so fortunate to have such an awesome church with so many opportunities to grow deeper in Him. I'm already signed up to join a new study on Esther and SO excited my mom, daughter and daughter-in-law will join me along with all the other wonderful ladies there.
I want to memorize or as Beth says meditate on scripture and have committed to a different one every two weeks. She has all about it on her blog.
I'll continue my morning study of taking apart verse-by-verse the Old Testament.
I look forward to the many days of smiles and laughter my precious grandchildren give me. How awesome to live so close.
I look forward to the many opportunities to join together with family with my children and parents and the occational cousins dropping by. What a blessing.
I look forward to church each Sunday when my parents pick me up and we get to sit with my children .... or watch them on stage.

I'm already excited about a cruise my sister-in-laws (2 of them) and I will take soon. We have a Stringer Family Reunion planned. What fun. I'm going to the Gaither Homecoming Concert with my parents and Jeromy, Byron and Carlee. That will be a fun memory.

Oh yes there are many awesome days scheduled for 2009. Will there be hard days? I'm sure there will be but I know that with the Lord I can handle everything. I pray I'll be the best wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin and grandmother (oh and friend) I can be.

HE IS YOUR CONSTANT SOURCE OF STABILITY; HE ABUNDANTLY PROVIDES SAFETY AND GREAT WISDOM; HE GIVES ALL THIS TO THOSE WHO FEAR HIM. Isaiah 33:6 NET






3 comments:

Dianne said...

Vicki-William is beautiful! I can't wait to see more pic of him! Did Carlee get our package? Love to you all! Dianne

Kristi said...

Sounds like great things for you in 2009. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful family. I am thankful we get to share yours with you now.

Emily Vickery said...

thankyou for the nice commments on my blog! You guys are so nice to keep up with all of us. Hope you guys have fun on your cruise coming up soon. Hope 2009 is great for you and that those grandbabies get to see their special grandma often. take care!