Sunday, September 14, 2008

We Made It thru the night and 6 Quirks

FIRST We have survived Hurricane IKE. Let me tell you the preparation, anticipation and exaperation are not worth it. We were prepared as we thought we could be but after going through it I learned things I'll do differently. We ran from Hurricane Alicia in 83 and tried to from Rita years ago but were told to hunker down in this one so we did. The winds and rain were horrible. I'll never forget the noise. This is the first one I didn't have all my kiddos gathered around and that was hard also. But when all is said and done we are so blessed compared to so many others. We may not have electricity for who knows how long but we all have our health and each other and that is the best.

NOW my little sis tagged me and here are the rules:
I have to come up with six quirks about myself. My first thought was to collect others thoughts in this area but decided that could get complicated so I'll take a stab at it considering I can't do much else (Terry and I are sitting in the dark except for a fan, radio and each on our laptops -so romantic, thanks to my brother loaning us his generator for tonight and then he needs it back)

Here are the rules:
link the person who tagged you (by the way I don't know how to do this so is that a quirk? I noticed Dianne didn't do it either so that makes Kristi smarter than both of us)
list 6 of your quirks
tag 6 other bloggers by linking them (Did I say I don't know how to do this?)
list the rules on your blog
SO.............here goes

1. I asked Terry for my quirks and I'm kind of impressed he instantly came up with one but thought and thought and couldn't come up with another so he said - 6 times I'm terrible with directions. Now I thought I was bad but wouldn't of said terrible but I will own up to it. I guess that is why I love my daughter-in-love so cause she is terrible at directions and admits it freely.

2. I do hate cabinet doors open which is wierd as my mom always made a big deal about that when I was a kid and I thought at that time it was silly .... but here I am. It is amazing the things we pass down to our kiddos with our actions.

3. I have to make my bed each morning or it makes me feel lazy. Now as my daughter has stated on other blog games that was not passed down to her. Good for her.

4. I like to correspond with my family and friends and take and share lots of pics. I find that the majority of other people don't like it like I do so that must be a quirk!! I really need to grow up about it but at this age I guess I never will!!

5. Oh I really don't care what kind of a car I have or people drive as much as I care what color it is. Lots of folks make fun of me for this so it must be a quirk!!

6. Hmmm it hasn't taken me as long to think of 6 as I thought. I'm glad it is only 6. :) I hate most of the sitcoms on TV as I do not appreciate humor so against God's plan for us. It is getting harder and harder to find anything to watch.

YEA I finished in under hours! I TAG
Dianne Susan
Michelle Marie
Starla Denise
Janet Elaine
Carlee Dawn
Emily, Erin, Ashley, Kristi

1 comment:

Rick & Starla said...

Well, since the instructions regarding being tagged were less than thorough, I posted mine on my blog. www.roamingakers.blogspot.com Hope you can find them...