Yesterday Terry called to see if we wanted to "run to Galveston" after work to take Colby for a "orange boat ride" which means ride the ferry. Michelle and I took him last month and he LOVED IT. So we all loaded up and were ready when Terry got home. I don't know where Terry finds the energy after working out in the heat all day but he loves it. He always finds the best path to get there with the least traffic so it took a lot less time than it would of me! True to form Colby loved the ride (on a yellow ferry this time)and especially feeding the birds. I hope I captured the joy and delight on his face in picture. We always took the kids as they were growing up and they have great memories of it and now we will build on the next generation. Melissa thought it was awesome also and made that cute sound she makes any time she sees an animal (the birds). All and all we had a great time!
I just heard the song You're Gona Miss This last night so when I saw I could add music to the slide show and this was a choice I grabbed it. You do miss many stages of life when it is past. But that makes it important to treasure each day. One day we will look back on this time, if we are doing good things, and miss it---so I plan on enjoying each and every day. Each day I thank God for this time He is giving me.
I'm joining MOPS as a Titus woman this week and looking forward to it. I'm just trying to discern where God would have me.
God is SO good!
I looked up the definition of a Titus Women and this is what I found.
What is a Titus Woman?
"Teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good.
Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God."
Titus 2: 3-5 (NIV)




No comments:
Post a Comment