I was blessed today to take part with a group of young mothers. We will join together every other Friday morning to hear from great speakers and do crafts. I was able to pray over the ladies today and offer encouragement to them and remind them of what an important job they have as moms. After this Friday we will join with many others at our church (due to the Hurricane we have not been able to use our main sanctuary). They did not have MOPS when my children were young and I'm so proud they do now and esp. that Michelle has always been involved.
I told my group that when my children were young I knew how important a job being a mother is but I don't think I got the total picture in the day to day. Now after all these years, mostly due to working in an educational setting for 21 years and seeing the outcome of children from all different types of homes with such different ways of mothering, I see it as a huge responsibility in how the children turn out. Love those babies with your words and your actions but give them boundaries and surround them with the ways God laid out for us thoughout the Bible. Model to them in every way possible the love for the Lord.
Anyhow it was a great time and I look forward to many more. I appreciate the opportunities God is giving me.
1 comment:
Mom, I know you will bless those girls lives. You are so sweet to encourage them! It is going to be fun. Your blog looks great! Mine is having technical problems... might be the programer... love ya! Thanks for loving my kiddos and keeping them for me! We love you and Dad so much!
Post a Comment