Praising God in the midst of the storm
Trees fell all around but none on my house
A tree fell on my son’s and brother’s house but did not destroy the house.
We do not have water to flush the toilet but we do have a toilet and can bring in water.
My children have water so I can get water from their house to flush the toilet.
The water company came by two days in a row to give us 10 gallons of water (which will flush the toilet about 2 times).
For most of the time my brother had a generator to loan us which kept our fridge going and gave us a fan to sleep with at night.
God sent absolutely wonderful weather after the first day. Praise God for that!
My parents have power so we can seek refuge there which they have more than freely given.
I was able to buy gas for the generator even though there are lines.
After the first few days slowly food places and stores started opening up.
Most of the red lights became four way stops which in the city of Houston can be dangerous but we have remained safe.
Our family has grown even closer together as we have spent more time with each other.
There are police everywhere protecting us.
People are friendlier as they reach out to each other. We all have something to talk about-do you have power?
Now I admit we are trying not to get discouraged and very tired of the experience but from all I hear about Galveston and Keeman I know how blessed I am.
The Hurricane may actually be over but we certainly feel in the midst of it.
We have much to praise God for!!!
2 comments:
We are still praying that you all get electricity soon. I feel guilty everytime I turn a light or the TV on! I only wish I could share some of what I have with you. I can't imagine the kids and Terry having to try to get ready for work without power...and then to come home to a dark, dead house. Praise God you have your parents and they have power.
You are such a positive person, it sounds so horrible but we are so grateful that you are all safe from harm. It is wonderful to see people band together in times of trial because it seems to catch the best of people, the way we would all be if there weren't so many pressures and standards to live up to. I hope things get better for you, let us know if we can help you in any way, we will also keep you in our prayers. We love you all dearly,
The Fanellos
Post a Comment