Monday, June 23, 2008

If these walls could talk would I want them to?

If these walls could talk would I want them to?

I’ve lived in this house 30 years now. I’ve raised three children and gone through the ups and downs of marriage in this house. These walls have heard midnight cries, bumps and bruises. Birthday parties and make believe have echoed. Happiness, laughter, tears and grief have all made up the life of this family.

As I stop and ponder if I would want these walls to talk would I be ashamed of what they would say or encouraged. I’ve been at different steps in my walk with the Lord through all of the years. But even as I walk with Him, have I chosen my words wisely? I’m ashamed to say that there are many things said and done that would not bring glory to God as I stumbled along. Did I greet each day with wanting to only bring glory to God’s name?

The house is much quieter now with the family grown. But I’m excited as I hear grandchildren's laughter and joy. I can’t change anything about the past but I do know I have a fresh opportunity to build a wonderful future. A future that is clear of any hurtful words or actions, a future that brings glory to God’s name!

If I'm blessed with 30 more years in this house my prayer is to make each action and word times that do bring glory to God.

2 comments:

Adam Fanello said...

I love your post, it really made me think about my everyday efforts to be a good example of the Savior, and I know that you are a wonderful person and I can't imagine any unkind words leaving your mouth, you are beautiful to the core. Thanks for inspiring me to do better. Also thank you for always writing on my blog, it makes me feel good to know you care. I love that clip of Colby and Melissa it was so cute, she is so grown up already! Hope all is well for you! we love you.

Michelle said...

I meant to post on this Mom and I forgot to. I wonder if you know how much your home represents the love my brothers and I feel in this world. Those walls watched us grow up with the best Mom there could be. We each love you so much! We are proud of you and Dad for your marraige and for giving us a safe and loving home where we learned of God's love and sacrifice for us. We love you!