Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Colby Wit :) NANC Worry and Noisy Soul

Colby just cracks me up. Michelle said the other night when he went to bed he laid there crying ���poor Colby, he so scared of the dark���. Then when that didn���t work he went into saying please daddy come help me feel better mommy won���t listen to me. He is a trip. Of course I could write of the hundreds of times he is so lovable you could eat him up. J How often when we really think we deserve something we play the pity party.

But on to more about my NANC weekend���..

Worry
Mark Dutton brought the word on worry. Oh how often I battle that. I try to tell my self, as most women do, that we are not worrying but just concerned. I feel the difference is if we are just concerned we are totally taking that thought to God and releasing it. But with worry you think about the subject continually and get so down. Worry is assuming responsibility God never intended me to have! Worry often begins when God allows things to happen we don���t fully understand or that we can���t control. Faith is believing God knows something we don���t know and God can do something we can���t do! Worriers don���t live life as an adventure but in life of what ifs! Worriers are often short sighted. Faith leads to obedience and to worship. Faith leads to dependence on God. We need to focus on His promises, His word. God uses people in our lives to accomplish His will. Worriers often isolate themselves from others. The focus on the reality of the situation instead of the reality of God.

How to Quiet a Noisy Soul
Matthew 1:28-30
Nicholas Ellen brought a great message on not getting our life so packed with things that we fail to hear from God and do His will. Nicolas is a dynamic speaker so it was a great session. He brought the following

A noisy soul is a mind that is bombarded with so much going on we find it hard to rest in the Lord. ���.just reflect on Him! This can lead to anxiety, fear, uncertainty (what if ____ happens? What will I do?), discouragement, despair, pessimism, defeat, self-pity (Why me?), Anger, frustration, hurt, entitlement (I don���t like this!! I don���t��� deserve this!), bitterness, hatred, contempt, revenge, injustice, (They will pay for this!!), self imposed demands (If I don���t do ____ no one else can or will!), competition, comparison, criticism, manipulation, superiority, unresolved sin (I know it���s wrong but���.), etc.

A noisy soul results in being tired (tired from toil) and heavy laden (loaded down)

The Prescription for a noisy soul v 28-29
�� God calls us to come to Him ��� establish a relationship with Christ all who are weary and heavy laden
�� God promises to give us rest if we come-to refresh
�� God calls us to take His yoke-submit to Him in discipleship
�� God calls us to learn from Him gentleness ��� submitting to the rule of God over my life; willing to be ruled by the loving relationship of Christ and humility-willing to make self small, wiling to esteem others above myself; wiling to live a life devoted to the Kingdom agenda and not my personal agenda
Summary: We must learn the Lord���s nature and out of love seek to relate to Him accordingly; Letting the Mind of the Master be the Master of our Minds
The Promise for the Noisy Soul v 29-30
�� We will find rest for our souls-relief from anxiety and trouble (peace of God Philippians 4:6-9) this is gained through discipleship.
�� His Yoke will be easy ��� His agenda is made to fit you so that it won���t be more than what you can handle: it is well-fitted for you.
�� His burden will be light ��� the load He has for you to carry is not burdensome. The lifestyle and responsibility God teaches, gives, and commands you to walk in will not be burdensome or more than what you can handle. It has been tailor made to fit you. It is well fitted for you.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Aunt Vicki-

I am sorry about the whole address thing. I tried to email you and give it to you but it said I had the wrong email address. I will call Dianne and try to get your number so I can get it to you. Thank you for being so thoughtful and kind, we feel very blessed to have such wonderful family. :)

Love, Kristi