Saturday, March 8, 2008

MeMaw Memories!








Melissa is so sweet!

Last night we had a fun time at Colby���s first birthday party for one of his friends from his preschool class. It was at a place where you can jump around and run-perfect for 30 oh so active boys. Colby was hesitant at first to get involved but made up for time in the end. He had a blast and I had so much fun watching him enjoy himself. I count myself so, so, so, so blessed to live close enough to my kiddos to get in on fun times-and that they want me to.

After the party, Colby spent the night with us. He and his PePaw watched Cars and ate pistachios (or stacios as he calls them) - two of his fun things to do at our house. He loves staying over and we love having him. Then this morning he wanted to vacuum. Colby loves anything with an engine and noise. He thinks he is pretty cool behind that machine. :) I remember really wanting to do things around the house until I got old enough my mom expected it and then I hated the chore.
Michelle sent the cutest pic of Colby holding Melissa���s hand as they watched TV. Colby amazes me in how tender he is with Melissa. Believe me is all boy and loves to run and be loud but he is so precious with his baby sister. If she cries he will rub his hand softly on her head and say I right here sister. He adores her and her eyes follow him everywhere. As I reflected on that it made me realize Colby is really imitating his mom. Michelle is such a soft-spoken, sweet mommy with her children. The way Colby hears his mommy talk to his sister is how Colby interacts with Melissa. Now what a great picture of how we will deal with people in our lives based on how well we know our heavenly father. The closer we are to Him in our walk, by knowing His ways through His word and spending time in prayer with Him, doesn���t it too affect out outlook on life and how we are with others?



No comments: