Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bits of Splendor Monday

I follow several different blogs and the ones that are not of immediate family I often have to stop and think of how I stumbled upon it!  Often times it is through my daughter who seems to have a heart for moms struggling with children with serious health issues.

One of the bloggers has started Bits of Splendor Monday and I love it. She encouraged everyone to look for beautiful distinct moments of your every day life and that just grabbed my attention! I guess the older I get the more I realize we need to appreciate each stage of life. They are all stages of life..........childhood, teen years, dating, marriage, babies, small children, teenagers, college, children's marriage, grandchildren.............and the list goes on. Each stage is precious in its own way but oh how wise to understand that stage is precious in its own way. The question is how do I make the most out of this stage? How do I appreciate even the less than desirable days and make the most of them? I want to live in the moment making the most of every opportunity to jump in there and do it as God directs.

As she so adequately said.....What bit of splendor did you find in your day or week. Life is truly so beautiful in every way, big and little. I heard a quote this weekend that I LOVED....

"You will miss what matters most in life if you are only ever looking for the spectacular"

It truly is the little, distinct things that make life big. The important thing is taking the time to see them and I believe it can be in anything. A project, a recipe, a special moment or milestone, maybe just a word or picture you found encouraging.
http://www.bitsofsplendor.com/2012/02/bits-of-splendor-monday.html

<bits of splendor monday

I'm sure all week I'll be looking for "that" special moment to capture in word!! Now the challenge of remembering to write about it every Monday. :)

No comments: