









I treasure the time mom and I spent in the Hill Country last week. My cousin was kind enough to offer his week time share and it was such fun. We went and did as we pleased enjoying the time in such a beautiful spot taking in festivals, tours, great meals, shows............the list goes on and on. Of course the most important was the fun and laughter we shared. We laughed so much and that is so good for the body!!!
The place we stayed was in between San Antonio and Austin so it was so convenient to go to lots of places. We started out by eating at the Gristmill in Guerne. We had heard so much about it we really looked forward to it. The setting was beautiful. We also ate at Tony Romas on the Riverwalk in San Antonio which has always been a favorite. San Antonio is so beautiful we went there a couple of days and even took a tour with the SAS factory. The Poppy Festival in Georgetown was fun once we finally found a parking place. The Guadalupe River is awesome. We drove down River Road which is certainly winding and fun. So many people were tubing down it...I hope to do that one day.
We especially enjoyed attending church at Cornerstone in San Antonio. It was just awesome. We loved everything about it. I love how they stand by Israel!
This time of the year with all the flowers in the hill country was beautiful. The weather could not be more perfect.
We missed everyone back home and couldn't wait to get back to the grandbabies but it sure was a nice trip!
2 comments:
I am so glad you got a trip with your Mom-I bet you guys had a blast. There is nothing like one on one with someone you love! I bet it did your Mom a lot of good, too. Good for you girls!!!!
Sounds like a great time with great company!
Post a Comment