







Do I appreciate every minute, every opportunity with loved ones? I miss my dad more than I can say and I find myself often thinking, as I look at a picture of him, did I really appreciate that minute, that opportunity to be with him. I can truthfully say I never once felt obligated to spend time with him. I truly looked forward to each minute and totally enjoyed our time together.
I remember when I prayed and prayed about whether I should resign my full time job. I wasn't totally sure why but I truly felt God wanted me to do so. I even remember mom saying dad and I want to make sure you are not doing this because you think you need to take care of us. I assured her that was not the case at all, and it wasn't. Now looking back I know it was because I took so many opportunities to just hang out with my parents and go on trips with them. I now can look back and know I appreciated the time with them.
Now when we are all together I will even tell myself - enjoy this minute, appreciate each person here. We never know what is around the corner. Who will be the next one to go on spend time in our heavenly home? It could be me. I know without a doubt what utter joy that would be for me............but how hard for family left behind.
For now I am treasuring each person in my life!!! I want to stress less, minimize clutter, appreciate everyone's strengths and enjoy each day. I want to dig deeper each day in God's word. People start "bucket lists" for where they want to go. I guess this would be my bucket list. :)
These are sweet days enjoying each stage the grandbabies are in and appreciating my mom and children living so close. Terry and I grow closer as we get older and have learned to appreciate each other's strengths and ignore the weak areas. Terry has always been a wonderful provider for his family, a hard worker, a faithful husband. He is a smart man who loves motorcycles and is totally enjoying the season of life he is in with being involved in Track Days. It is wonderful to see him so happy after one. He loves his children and grandchildren more than they will ever realize.
2 comments:
Mom, I was just thinking today that you gave my brothers and I a gift simply by making time for family. It is just what we do. Nanny & Papa have made it so easy to be around them and to know we are loved, just as you now do for all of us. I miss Papa so much. I am scrapbooking Melissa's last birthday and pictures of Papa being there are priceless... I am sorry that I don't have a picture of you and Dad on that day for her album. I need to make sure I get you guys in the picture as I want her to remember you were there too. We never know what the future holds and I think you have done a good job at soaking up the present and always making time for a visit or celebration. I am thankful you had this last year to help N&P. I am thankful for all you. I love you.
Vicki-I was talking to Ian & Aspen the other day about how I always went to the airport on Friday nights to pick up my dad with my mom because he had been gone all week. He would always say "Can't you get rid of this kid so that we can be alone???" Jan was always out with her boyfriend and so mom felt obligated to take me with her. I have such great memories of crashing their dates that year in Denver and will never regret the time that I had with him before he passed away! I am so grateful Heavenly Father kept me homely so that I was home every Friday to be with my dad. (Although now that he is gone I think the curse could be lifted!! Ha!) I am so glad you had that time with your dad.
Post a Comment