














I can not think of a thing I would change about Jeromy and Tristan's wedding. It so fit them. The chapel was beautiful and the people they included in the wedding were such fun. John, as the pastor that married them, had such special and God honoring words for them. That was so important to me....and them.
He started with the Biblical Foundation of Marriage by saying Both Jeromy and Tristan have chosen to declare their love for each other under the Lordship of our Lord because they both believe Jesus to be the Son of God and their Savior. Thus, Jeromy and Tristan are already united in Christ and His church. Now that bond takes on a new and beautiful dimension through the covenant of marriage. They believe their love for each other was initiated from above and is a gift from God. Because of their deep conviction that God has drawn them together for His divine purpose, we come with abundant joy to thank Him for what He has done in their lives and to entrust their future to Him. In all of life, rare is the moment that is filled with more hope, more joy, and more expectancy than this sacred moment. By God's design this moment is never to be repeated, but rather always to be cherished. The vows you are about to make will be locked in your memories as a reminder that you have pledged to love for a lifetime the one who stands willingly and expectantly beside you. Through the years, your rememrance of this moment is intended to strengthen your marriage and to cause you to give thanks to God for having each other.
He went on with wonderful scripture and words from God! I was so pleased with how God was honored.
Byron played the guitar and Carlee sang at the wedding. The song (I'd Need a Savior)was wonderful. They are so talented. Here are the words to the song.....
How many names
Can I use to explain
The love of my Jesus
The life that He gave
And so many times
Will I praise You today
I lift up my life
Cause You’re always the same
And my offering
To you I bring
Your name is Jesus
Your name is Jesus
You’re the wonderful, counselor, my friend
You’re what I hold on to
I know that You brought me through
All the days of loss and to the cross, You knew
That I’d need a Savior
How many songs
Can I sing to proclaim
Your wondrous love
Oh and beauty so great
Oh and, What would I say
If You brought down the rain
And everyday I walked through the pain
My heart would still say…
......All the days of loss, and to the cross You knew,
That I'd Need a Savior Well, I'd need a Savior....woah
You're what I hold onto, I know that You brought me through
All the days of loss and to the cross You knew,
That I'd need a Savior
I'd need a Savior,
I need You Savior.
I cried through most of the ceremony. Tears of mostly happiness and also sadness that my dad missed such an important event in our families life. I have no doubt he would of been so happy. He loved Tristan and that Jeromy had found her. Tristan was so thoughtful to ask my mom if she could give Jeromy my dad's wedding ring. We were all so touched with that and I know Jeromy will treasure that ring!
They also had printed on the program the flower arrangements on the altar are dedicated in loving memory to our precious family members that are now with our Lord. They listed Tristan's fathers mother and my dad. The arrangements were beautiful and we took dad's to the cemetary today.
Tristan's parents are very friendly and nice. Our families have lots of wonderful occasions ahead of us.
On the fun side....Melissa had a melt down as only a two year old can and refused at first to even get dressed and eventually to walk down the aisle. It kind of reminded me of when Michelle refused to be a flower girl as a small child. Melissa did take some great pics in her pretty outfit tho. Colby, being the pro he is with his second time to be a ring bearer in a wedding, did a wonderful job. He stood for a long time for a little guy and was excellent. He even gave us a thumbs up from the altar. What a joy he is. He loved taking pictures at the reception also...........wonder where he learned that! They also had a great time out on the dance floor. Little ones dancing are so, so cute!!!!
It is a great feeling when all of your children are married. You know that there is that other person loving your child and now is the time just to sit back and watch them all navigate through life......oh and love on the little ones they bring your way. I'm so blessed. God is good!
3 comments:
Vicki-it does not look like it could of been a more perfect wedding-from the weather to the church to the dresses to the couple!!! Richard said it was a beautiful wedding! I am so happy for them and that everything went so well. they really do fit together like a hand and a glove! So glad your prayers were answered to find him his soulmate! They are darling! We wish them the best! Love-Dianne
PS-did Tristen and Jeromy get my card? I mailed it about a month or so ago?
Tell Michelle to invite me to her blog.
It looks like it was absolutely beautiful! What a great day for your family. :) Thanks for all the pictures, I am so glad to be able to see what is going on in your lives. Congrats!
Post a Comment