Wednesday, January 27, 2010

One Month


It has been a month ago today that my daddy stepped into heaven. I can't believe it has been a month because in so many ways it seems like forever since he hugged me and laughed with me. What has given me immeasurable comfort is the fact I'm certain exactly where he is. Each time I sing about heaven in worship I can close my eyes and absolutely picture him in the midst of all our loved ones that have gone on singing,fellowshipping, and praising God. What an awesome God to provide all that for us. I recently read the book 90 Minutes in Heaven......Thank you God for providing that for me to read. I was told about a song several months ago and bought the CD by Steven Curtis Chapman.....Thank you God for providing that music to minister to me. We had a prayer summit at church last weekend.......Thank you God for that time to draw away and draw closer to you. I know for certain that dad has no more pain and is happier than he has ever been. I praise God that mom is so open to doing things with us and to allowing God to minister to her through others. We will walk through this praising God and dwelling in HIM. I would give anything in this world to have dad right here with us but not at the expense of him suffering here on earth or rejoicing with our heavenly father.

No comments: