Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Words .... n sounds

I just have to take a few minutes to note the hysterical things my oldest grandson comes out with. I'm always saying we need to write this stuff down as we will forget.

Today we stopped at a store and my daughter ran in. I was in the car with Colby and Melissa. Melissa was sleeping and Colby was not very quiet so I asked him to be quiet for his sister. He looked at me very seriously, in his four year old way, and said "MeMa, next time we are leaving you at home." He cracks me up.

Later he told his mom that it was getting dark and would she please ask me to turn on the lights on the car but make sure he could hear it when the lights came on (I think he didn't trust us to do it.) He has such reasoning power!

Last but not least in our same trip today he told him mom (from his carseat again) he believed her and that he knew she was real (translation: he has been watching Polar Express over and over and the gyst of it is that the child ended up believing in Santa Clause and knew he was real). He went on to say she was so real he loved to hug her.

Sweet Melissa is babbling all over the place but we only verbally understand mama, dada, baba, etc. Now without any words she totally gets her point across. She continually amuses us.

William, at two months, just makes all those sweet little grunts. :)

I have to close with pics of the grandbabies...Melissa and Colby from today and then little William who I just saw yesterday as we took him to get his shots.








No comments: