Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Cruise Part 1







What a great cruise we had. Now mind you it wasn’t the best cabin we have ever had or even the best ship but we got such a deal (about $20 a day pp) for all the entertainment and food our heart desired. Plus, fortunately, any cruise Terry and I have ever gone on we have made fun. The first one we went on 10 years ago was with a cruise line that has actually gone out of business and was terrible by everyone’s standards but we had a great time. Terry is so relaxed and happy on a cruise I just love it!

This cruise was several hours late leaving and we had to leave from a new port in Pasadena (not the prettiest part of Houston) due to the hurricane. The lines were long to get on the ship but they did the best they could. We had a day at sea which is always fun due to all the fun entertainment…and did I mention the food!!! And ice cream!!!!! And hot chocolate. It is woman’s paradise as you never have to clean or cook or pay bills……should I go on? We love going to all the dance classes to laugh at everyone trying to learn (no we NEVER try-we don’t want anyone to laugh). We love watching Bingo and seeing how excited the winners get. We love the Newly Wed game and are amazed at what couples will confess to (you will NEVER find us there!). We love the game show and especially the nightly entertainment with comedians, ventriloquists, jugglers, talent show and this cruise an awesome C&W show.

Progresso was our first place to visit. We went through some cute little shops and then were bussed to some Rhinos to ride. Jeromy wanted to know if they stunk before I explained they were two seater, jeep car thingys (great explanation I know-see picture). Terry really enjoyed manning his own Rhino. We went through fields and on the beach. It was a lot of fun. I loved the color of the ocean and the friendliness of the people. We also stopped by a salt block as in “old’ times the Mayans somehow got salt out of these areas (don’t ask me how-guess if I was Starla I would research this and make a post on it but she is better than me). Flamingos are everywhere there. Did you know they get their pink color from all the shrimp they love to eat?!? Then we visited a Mayan ruin. It is amazing how people lived in that time. Terry was standing on one place where they went to market and sit around a square. The one of me is in front of their church. Before the “Christians” came through the Mayans worshipped many gods. When the Catholics entered everyone eventually converted to Catholism and built the church.

Before returning to the ship we visited the little shops I mentioned. Terry found a funny T Shirt on a psycho dog that accurately reflected the dog on his motorcycle so of course he had to pick one up for Wes and his wife. I, of course, got tshirts for the grandbabies.

The next day we head to Cozumel. More on that next post.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Sounds wonderful! I hope to go on one someday. I am glad you get to do fun things with your hubby. I also wish all of us girls could go on one too. Now that would be entertainment! :)