It has been fun to touch base with family over the last week!! I SO love family!
Last week my cousin Sandra's daughter, Christina, (at one time I thought that made her my second cousin since Sandra is my first but thanks to Geni.com I now think that makes her my first cousin-once removed, SO CONFUSING) called to say she was in town and wanted to come out for a visit. We had such a good visit. She is such a sweetie. We made it to her wedding a couple of years ago but had not really visited with her since she was a little girl. What a delight she was. She lives in Oklahoma. I had choir practice that night at church so could only visit for a little but then Michelle took her to see my mom and dad and had a great visit.
Then my cousin, Janet, from Lousiana, dropped by today and we have a wonderful visit. I had Colby and Melissa for the morning so she got to visit with them. Then we all met my parents and Byron and Jeromy for lunch at our favorite restauraunt Del Pueblo.
On top of that I had the fun of taking mom and going to visit my cousin's wife, Lily, in Katy. Her sister, Claudia, from Germany was in and I so wanted to see her. What a wonderful latin family they are. They all speak so many languages it is fun just to sit and listen to them. Claudia continually thanks me for a Bible I gave her in Spanish so many years ago. I always forget I even did but she always thanks me. What sweet people they are.
Overall it has just been fun. Also, we are continuing to make connections with family members through geni.com that I didn't even know I had. I just love to connect with family!
Life is good. I so praise God for it all!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment