Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Texas Renaissance Festival

What a fun day we ended up having. We didn't know how it would turn out since it rained all night and turned out colder than usual but it worked great. We all got to go on Colby's "field trip" to the Renaissance Festival. I've never been before and have heard about it for the last 25 years. It is tons of activities and places set back in the mid evil time frame. I'm glad we went during the week as some of the stuff I've heard about it on the weekends (with all the drinking and everything) would not be appealing.

Colby was so excited when one of the first purchases was a sword for him. :)
Then he got really excited when MeMaw went on a couple of rides with him. I wasn't too sure how he would handle them but he was great although he kept saying hold on to me MeMaw.

Then another fun thing was to watch Michelle/Melissa and Carlee/William ride the elephant. Man those things stink! :)

Melissa and William as usual loved the petting zoo. They loved giving the animals food this time. So sweet!

We finished out our fun day with a picnic in the car. It is such fun being together and enjoying the day with each other. William and Melissa would of loved to of run a little bit more but there were so many people there we couldn't take that chance. :)

No comments: