



As I was growing up my dad often told me (as I was complaining because we had moved once again) that "home is where the heart is". At that time I did not grasp the full meaning of that saying or even appreciate it in the least. The thought popped in my head yesterday that that must be why my dad's passing on is different than any other. I grieved and was so upset when my grandparents and others have died but it is different with my dad. I now realize the difference is that part of my heart has gone on to heaven. I've always known I looked forward to heaven but now, with his passing, I long for it in a different way.
Titus 4:7-8
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day--and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
The other thing that has kept floating around in my head is the difference the blood makes. More than ten years ago dad's health was in serious jeopardy because the arteries to his heart were clogged and so he went through 2 different open heart surgeries. It was a true miracle when he survived the second one. His doctors wife was even at home praying through the surgery it was so touch and go. He survived the heart issues although they left him in a weakened state. But when the problems started with his blood that was eventually what he could not overcome.
The precious blood of Jesus-His willingness to die on the cross for our sins and spill that precious blood to cover our sins made all the difference. We could put our heart in the right place forever but without the precious blood of Jesus we would still be lost in sin without the hope of eternal salvation. Yes our heart must be in the right place desiring to worship our Lord but without Jesus precious blood our faith would be ineffective.
Praise God within these last ten years dad was sold out to Jesus all the way. He read the word, spoke about the word and loved His Lord. He totally gave his heart to God, was baptised, and trusted in that precious blood shed on his behalf! I praise God for those bonus years with dad to witness the change. :)
Dad loved the picture of Colby walking inbetween him and mom. The picture was taken last May at my cousin's wedding. Dad said that was him and mom walking into their sunset years and Colby walking into his sunrise years. We had no ideal at the time how true that was as a short 7 months later dad went on to be with the Lord. We must always be ready.
2 comments:
What a beautiful post, thank you!
He is such a good man and dad. I think he would of always been ready to go as I have not met a kinder man-even in Singapore he was always such a sweetie! Your parents are amazing. They were definitely a force for good in the lives of people they touched! I am so glad I had the privilege of knowing them!
Post a Comment