

Yesterday Jeromy, Tristan and I drove an hour away to see Terry at Track Day. They call him dinosaur as there are not a lot of 56 year olds riding the mororcycles he does. He is ok with it but I don't know how I feel about being married to a dinosaur. ha! He now is an instructor to teach people how to ride a "sport bike" fast. The place they are at is a really nice track. Terry is really loving it and loves it when we drive there to see it all. It was fun.



It seems like these days nearly every day is filled with seeing the grandbabies (children too :), getting together like we will do tomorrow for Memorial Day or for a family wedding next week and family reunion in July. Then when you mix in the everyday of keeping the house clean, grocery shopping, occasional times out and life is full. (Oops - forgot the part-time job!) I really do love it and try to treasure each day. God has blessed us in so many ways and I continually want to give it back to HIM in praise! How sad it would be if I did not appreciate each moment HE gives me.
As I was cleaning windows Friday and noted how many pieces of stained glass I have done it made me think of what God has done in my life. The stained glass pieces I have have hung in my windows all of Byron's life. I took classes on how to make them when I was pregnant with him. You learn the ins and outs of tracing the patterns, cutting the glass and putting the pieces of cut glass together. Each step has to be done carefully and intentionally to make it all flow together. When something is done haphazardly, with no thought it messes everything up. According to how big the mess up is determines if you can even continue the piece or not. Isn't that like life! We need to continually go about life carefully and intentionally! I did that stained glass for a season and have not touched it since. Therefore I did not perfect the craft and could of done a lot more with it. I'm now about the business of trying to live my life carefully and intentionally because I want to do it right. That does not mean I will be perfect but I have learned to do it all in HIM.



1 comment:
Vicki-I think your stained glass pics are beautiful and so is the one that you have made out of your life and the other lives that you have touched! I read a quote today that talked about how stained glass pics are beautiful when there is a light on them, but when the light is turned off, their true beauty can only be seen when there is a light that shines from within. You, my friend, have that light! Thanks for sharing it with me! Love ya! D
Post a Comment