Monday, May 18, 2009

Memories and pictures + 3 perfect grandchildren!

I LOVE good memories!

You know we all have memories. It has always been very interesting to me the things we do remember and the things we don't. Why do we remember some things but not others?? The thing I have now seen to be true is that a picture helps recall a memory. I kept many picture albulms of my children and now, as their children turn the ages in the albulm of their parent, I give the albulm to them. Each time I look through the albulm one more time and the memories start flooding back. It is like it just happened last week the memories are so vivid....due to the pictures.

This last week I had Colby and Melissa overnight and just yesterday William spent time at the house. They are the funnest things to photograph. At each age their unique personality intrigues me. I say each stage is my favorite and it is. :)

You have so many responsibilities as a parent and the pressure is always there. Now with grandchildren the responsibility is not there. You are just there to support what the parents say and love those grandbabies with all your heart. My parents set the stage as that is how they supported us as the parent and it was perfect!

So back to those memories and pictures + 3 perfect grandchildren!!!!! Life is good. :)







There is just no way I could finish this without noting some of the awesome things Colby says. He is the only grandchild really talking at this time so he continues to crack us up. Just today he was crying and he told me MeMa sometimes when mommy makes me cry (meaning she made him mind) I just want you to call me to take care of me. :) The funny things on their mind. He has the best mommy around but he doesn't like to be told what to do. That boy may be an actor one day. He is really into watching Esther right now. He repeats it line for line as the words are being said and says it all with such expression!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

They are absolutely perfect! :) Don't you just love the stuff they come up with?