Thursday, April 9, 2009

Birth Day

Well this week was my 56th time to have an April 7th (counting the very first - birth day). Terry and I just took the day to drive around the countryside (in a big town that IS a treat) and then that evening the kids and grandkids stopped by. Colby had even participated in making yummy, chocolate cupcakes for us.

I gave a lot of thought to the twists and turns my life had taken over the many years. There have been so many highs and yes some lows. Do I have regret in life? I would hope that everyone would say yes to that question. We all miss opportunities or make mistakes and realize too late things should of been done different. The important thing is what you do after. Do you sink in depression or do you turn your life around? Do you live with bitterness and regret or do you put your future in God's hands and let HIM work it out?

I think with age you just have more opportunities to learn how to leave things to God. So after you have given situations to God for years and years it gets easier. I think there is a phrase to live and let go. It should be followed up with let go - to God. He is the one that works it out the best. Then recognize that even when it seems it was not worked out the way I want it was worked out in a way for me to grow.

I woke up early April 7, 2009 with Colby calling me on the phone and entertaining me with the happiness that bubbles from him. He is a joy! God is just so good!! I know I say that all the time but HE JUST IS!!!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I chose to live with bitterness and regret with only an occasional bout of depression....Ha! Ha! You always did have a gift for looking for the positive in situations and people. That's why we all feel so loved when we are with you! It was so fun visiting with you for your birthday, you can always make me laugh like no other. Hope your day was special and remember, we have a date to Texas Road House! Lava You! Dianne