
We took Colby to buy his first real pair of cowboy boots, pants, etc. the other day (and my how cute
he is in them).
he is in them). 
When we drove up in the parking lot he saw a front loader (big, working truck) working and was determined he would ride it. I don���t know where he comes up with the idea he should even be able to ride it. Ha! Well when we returned from our purchase (where he called the cowboy hat a helmet-I think he has been around too many motorcycles from his PePaw and Uncle Jeromy) Colby pitched a big wild-eyed, hairy fit wanting to ride the front loader. He pitched a fit as only a three year old can, thank goodness restrained in his car seat, and then after about 10 minutes we heard him take a big breath and say ���I better now���. We couldn���t help but chuckle. How nice he was able to calm himself down and how nice it will be when he can do it sooner. :) It did make me think of how comparable that is to life. How often we pitch a big ���fit��� over something we really want or how unhappy we are with how things are going. Just as Colby calmed himself down may we grow to the point of not going into the fit. May we grow to the point we recognize that with God���s leading there is no reason to ever go into a fit.
In February 2008 Michelle posted the cutest thing in the world on her blog http://www.zmcmfamilyupdate.blogspot.com/ . She captured Melissa, at 6 months old, laughing continually as her big brother made faces at her. It is precious the glee and happiness you hear from her laughing to Colby���s precious way of telling her he loved her and wanted to make her happy. These days are so precious. What a gift it is to me from the Lord to enjoy these precious little ones. I���m so thankful! Praise you God!
Michelle put Melissa in an outfit that my three children wore at one point and now the two grandbabies have. It was sent to Michelle from Singapore from my mom. Michelle asked how did you pick out the outfit to put us all in? I thought a moment and then said actually it wasn���t planned that way. The truth of the matter is that that is probably the only outfit Michelle owned that would do for a boy as well since Michelle was always dressed in very girly things. How funny how often traditions develop as we are going. For instance I always took the kids to get their pictures taken in the bluebonnet fields. One year I didn���t think we had the time for it and was going to skip it but Michelle looked at me with big, green eyes and said ���But mom-it���s a tradition���. :) She recognized it as a tradition and I hadn���t. Now she is carrying that on and taking her kiddos there each year also for pictures. May our traditions as we develop them be full of honorable things. Now I have to confess Byron as it has turned out does not like that tradition. It will be interesting to see if he feels the same way when he has his own children. I���m waiting to see.
It is such fun having grown children and grandchildren. I���m thoroughly enjoying it.
In February 2008 Michelle posted the cutest thing in the world on her blog http://www.zmcmfamilyupdate.blogspot.com/ . She captured Melissa, at 6 months old, laughing continually as her big brother made faces at her. It is precious the glee and happiness you hear from her laughing to Colby���s precious way of telling her he loved her and wanted to make her happy. These days are so precious. What a gift it is to me from the Lord to enjoy these precious little ones. I���m so thankful! Praise you God!
Michelle put Melissa in an outfit that my three children wore at one point and now the two grandbabies have. It was sent to Michelle from Singapore from my mom. Michelle asked how did you pick out the outfit to put us all in? I thought a moment and then said actually it wasn���t planned that way. The truth of the matter is that that is probably the only outfit Michelle owned that would do for a boy as well since Michelle was always dressed in very girly things. How funny how often traditions develop as we are going. For instance I always took the kids to get their pictures taken in the bluebonnet fields. One year I didn���t think we had the time for it and was going to skip it but Michelle looked at me with big, green eyes and said ���But mom-it���s a tradition���. :) She recognized it as a tradition and I hadn���t. Now she is carrying that on and taking her kiddos there each year also for pictures. May our traditions as we develop them be full of honorable things. Now I have to confess Byron as it has turned out does not like that tradition. It will be interesting to see if he feels the same way when he has his own children. I���m waiting to see.
It is such fun having grown children and grandchildren. I���m thoroughly enjoying it.
2 comments:
You are the best, Mom! I love the pictures of us. Now you need to add Colby and Melissa's. I am looking for Colbys pic in the outfit. I am thankful for all the traditions we have... some normal and some just ours!!!
I love you!
Michelle
Love reading your blog. I'm finding blogspot much easier for my less computer literate friends/family to manage than my space. Don't have time to post them in both places. Check out: www.roamingakers.blogspot.com for the latest in news and pictures!!! Love you all!
Post a Comment