- God desires that we know Him as He is- of which His gooness is a huge and vital part.
- When we are living for the glory of God we imitate and reflect the weight of God's attributes (I need to do a whole study on just that line).
- He said no one rises above their view of God---so true. He gave us tons of scripture supporting the goodness of God.
Get this- We are all either contradicting or supporting the truth of God's goodness in how we think and live. Isn't that the truth! Is God good when we have good times-so easy to say yes. Is God good when we have "bad times"? First thought no, but as you think about how absolute good God is it may be this "bad time" was necessary to protect us from going into something worse. Stuart quoted "It is his goodness to snatch away that whence we fetch supports our security, and encouragements for our insolence against him: he takes away the thing which we have some value for, but such as his infinite wisdom sees inconsistent with our true happiness....to prevent what is evil, is to do us the greatest good! It is kindness to prevent a man from falling down a precipice, though it be with a violent blow, that lays him flat upon the ground at some distance from the edge of it. (Charnock, bol 2. 309-10)
In other words, things can look bad now but, He is shifting things around so we learn joy from Him (notice I did not say happy-happy is fleeting but joy from the Lord complete). Again, God is so good-in the midst of everything. We just have to learn to relax in His goodness and bid to do His will. The Bible is full of people deep in bad times (Paul in prison, Daniel in the Lions Den, the three in the furnace) but totally relying on God and his goodness.
Enough for now but I can't close without noting something Colby did that so touched my dad yesterday. On our way to church this morning (my parents pick me up and we go together) my dad said "sis, I'll remember to my dying day yesterday when y'all brought Colby to the house. I was in the bathroom and when Colby found out he came running down to the hall outside the bathroom door yelling "Papa, I here".
That touched my dad so. He loves that little guy as much as it is possible to love another. Oh my goodness imagine the joy God feels as we call out to Him.....Jesus, I here!!!

2 comments:
WOW Mom! I am super impressed! You even have pictures at the bottom!! Who's cute kids are those? Wahoo! YOU ARE GOOD! I love you!
Michelle
Dear Aunt Vicki,
thank you so much for the gifts that you sent for my little Hunter! I cant tell you how excited I am to see him in that little sporty nike outfit! you are such a generous person and Im glad i have another way to keep up with your life!:) you did a great job on your blog! you are a great example to everyone around you, thank you so much for that! love ya Ashley Allen
Post a Comment